HP printers worldwide offer their users first-class facilities. Whether you have also bought a new HP wireless printer and you don’t know how to mount it on your operating system, then this comprehensive guide will be helpful. Within this guide, through its official 123.hp.com/setup page, we bring to you the best procedures and instructions on how to set up HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver.
How to Set up the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver via 123.hp.com/setup 6978 On Windows?
here are two ways to connect your Windows Operating System to an HP Officejet Pro 6978. Configure your new printer by using SSID and password, WPS ways to visit the www.123.hp.com/setup page.
- Get your new HP Officejet Printer Pro 6978 and turn it ‘ On
- Open the other side of your Windows operating system, and press ‘Start’
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ and open the ‘Network & Connectivity’ tab
- To open it, click on the ‘HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer’ icon and press the ‘Settings’ button.
- Pick ‘Setup’ wizard and press ‘OK’ button
When you press the ‘OK’ button the wizard will automatically scan and view the available networks on your device.
- Click the right ‘HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Network’ button and follow the directions on-screen and set up the wireless printer.
- Visit HP Printer’s official website to download the printer program, if necessary. For example, if you have purchased a printer from HP Officejet Pro 6978 then follow the steps below.
- Type ‘123.hp.com/setup 6978’ to ‘Internet Browser’
- Find the ‘Download’ button, and click it to access this particular model number’s printer software.
- Open the file once the download is done, and click on ‘Run’
- Now enter your home network’s WPS which is Wi-Fi credentials or SSID to connect your Printer to your operating system without any problem.
How to Do HP Officejet Pro 6978 Set Up on Mac via the 123.hp.com/setup?
- Set up your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printers on Mac using either WPS or SSID, one by one, following the steps below.
- To continue with the process of setting up a wireless HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, make sure the devices mentioned below are switched on. If not, turn them all up ‘On’:
- HP Printer Wireless
- Now, open the ‘Control Panel’ on a Mac computer, and press the ‘Wireless’ button.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ button, and press it. Now the Wireless Setup Wizard will start up automatically.
- When the wizard identifies and displays the presented network, select the name of the printer you wish to install on your Mac device.
- Now download the official web site wireless printer. If you have model no. 5055 HP wireless printer then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open ‘Safari’ and type ‘123.hp.com/setup 5055’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Navigate to ‘Download’ option and hit the key to start downloading
- If you already have Model No. 5055 HP wireless printer then simply press the ‘Upgrade’ button and leave your Mac for a while
- Upon installing or upgrading the HP printer program, carry on implementing the measure.
- On your Macbook, open the ‘Menu’ and navigate to the lower-left corner, and select the ‘Printer’ icon.
- Open the ‘Device Preferences’ tab, and pick the ‘Model No. 5055 HP wireless printer.’
- Click the ‘Add’ button and configure the printer. Once successfully added to the printer. Restart your Mac computer so you can use your printer to scan or print any paper.
When configuring the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver via the http/123.hp.com / setup tab, you will encounter an error in the Wireless Setup Wizard, follow the steps below to uninstall the current driver and reinstall it on your OS.
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ and go to the ‘Printers and Devices.’
- Now pick your ‘HP wireless printer’ name, which is installed on your computer, and right-click it.
- Pick the ‘Uninstall’ choices from among them and hit the button.
- Once the device has been uninstalled, please visit the 5255/8710 page of 123.hp.com/setup or mention your HP printer model number.
- Download the printer, and return to the setup steps.
How to Connect an HP Envy 5055 Printer With a Smartphone?
To set up a wireless network connection for HP Envy 5055 Printer, you don’t need to have a laptop or personal computer, you can set up an HP Envy 5055 printer on your mobile. Whether you’re accessing iOS or Android phones, you can use the 123.hp.com/setup 5055 website to set up HP printer, and implement the steps below.
Make sure both your operating system and HP printer are connected to the same WPS or Mobile connection before jumping into the solutions.
Setup HP printer on Android Phone
- First open the play store application for your Android phone, and type ‘HP Print Service’ in the search bar to install it on your mobile phone.
- When deployment is complete. Open the file downloaded, and click on ‘Run.’
- Now go to the folder that the document you want to print is located in.
- Navigate to, and open the ‘Menu’ icon.
- Choose the ‘Print’ option, and click the ‘Change Preferences’ option to change the printer settings as required.
- Replace the printer name as with the new HP wireless printer.
- At last, click the ‘Print’ button to start the print job.
|123.HP.Com/Setup 6978||123.HP.Com/Setup 8710||123.HP.Com/Setup 6970|
|123.HP.Com/Setup 5055||123.HP.Com/Setup 3830||123.HP.Com/Setup 3752|
|123.HP.Com/Setup 5255||123.HP.Com/Setup 6968||123.HP.Com/Setup 5258|
|123 HP Com DJ3630 Printer Setup||123.HP.Com/Setup 2600||123.HP.Com/Setup 2652|
|123 HP Com OJ3830 Setup||123.HP.Com/Setup 5252||123.HP.Com/Setup 3755|
Enable Webscan Setup via the 123.hp.com/setup
- Open and select the document or image you wish to print on your home screen.
- Go to the official website’s ‘123.hp.com/setup 5055’ tab, and press the ‘Download’ button.
- You can then type 123.hp.com/setup directly into the search box if you are using an HP Envy 5055 Printer and press the ‘Install’ button to get the program for your specific model.
- Upon installation of the program ‘Run’ the file and ‘Insert’ the printer name.
- You can also set up an HP printer, on the other hand, by tapping the sharing icon under the printable section.
- And to attach your printer, click on the ‘+’ icon which is ‘Connect.’
- Now, add the printer name, and complete the configuration.
- Select and click on the document you want to print, and navigate to the ‘Printer’ icon.
- If the HP wireless printer has been set up or configured correctly then the printer will scan and print documents without interruption.
Webscan is an ancient Web server system without the use of HP scanner tools for document or image scanning. Learn how to enable Webscan setup by visiting the https://123.hp.com/setup page, using the steps below.
- Open your operating system, go to the web browser, search the ‘123.hp.com/setup’ page and press ‘Enter’ button.
- Go to section ‘Settings,’ and drop the options available.
- Select the ‘Administration Settings’ option.
- Now select the ‘Ingrained Server Webscan’ to enable setup.
- At last, hit ‘Apply’ button.
- Once the above steps are applied, Webscan will be installed and will enable scanning of any document type.
How to deal with the issue of ‘HP Printer Not Found’?
Can’t you set up the HP wireless printer even after following the above steps, because you can’t find the ‘Network Driver Setup’ on your operating system? Make no worries! To all those facing similar problems, simply read the troubleshooting tips below and apply one or more of them to deal with the issue.
- Check Printer Connection status – Make sure your HP wireless printer is not connected to any network of guests. Test the status of the internet connection as well as the printer to make everything ready for setup.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer software again – remove the USB cable from the printer and go to your operating device’s ‘Control Panel.’ Open the ‘Programs and Functions’ tab and select the ‘Uninstall’ option. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed and restart your computer once the HP printer software is uninstalled. Now, visit the official website of HP printers that is 123.hp.com/setup and download.
- Reboot the Printer, Router, and Pc – Disconnect the power from the router first and turn off your wireless HP printer. Close all tabs you have opened on your operating system and restart your computer. Connect the power to the router again after a moment, and also switch the printer on. Re-visit the www.123.hp.com/setup page and download the HP wireless printer software to configure the printer on your system.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor – HP Print and Scan Doctor is the printer’s own troubleshooting device which detects and ends all kinds of issues. You will have to download their program on your operating system to use the doctor app to troubleshoot 123.hp.com/setup errors. Download the software from the website and right-click the unworkable product and click on ‘Retry.’ Act as per the on-screen instructions for the rest.
Questions Frequently Asked (FAQs) Relating to 123.hp.com/setup
If you have any questions, the following manual of answers to the most commonly asked HP printer installation questions via http/123.hp.com / setup will be helpful.
Q. Where to Install HP Printer?
A HP printer can be installed at your home or office in 5 phases. Follow the stages step by step and configure it successfully through 123 hp com oj3830 setup.
Unpack the HP printer
1: When your new HP printer arrives home / office, unpack it immediately.
2: Remove all material, such as tape and packaging, from outside the printer;
3: Remove the tape from the top, and install the HP printer.
1: Take out the wire and the plug-in until the packaging is finished.
2: Plug-in and switch on the ‘Switch’ to your operating system and power source.
3: Now go to ‘Printer Control’ and then to ‘Options’ before continuing to set the following requirements:
4: Click the ‘Save Changes’ button to file the details.
Set up the Ink Cartridge
- Open the cartridge door and wait until the carriage is idle, before proceeding with further steps.
- Insert it into an ink cartridge after the tape has been removed.
- Enable the ‘Sound’ option as ‘Click Sound’ will notify you that the ink cartridges have been configured in a secure manner.
- Now, follow the details on-screen and finish ink cartridge alignment
- Open and load the ‘Paper Tray’ with blank white paper. Make sure the papers are of the correct size and consistency according to what has been put into your operating system. Otherwise it can get stuck in the paper.
- Connect your HP wireless printer to your computer now by opening the ‘Engine’ tab.
- Select your printer’s ‘Name’ and enter the ‘Printer Model’ to confirm a version of the OS.
- Select the ‘Connection Type’ and follow the on-screen instructions for the rest.
Q. How to set up a WPS / Wi-Fi connection with HP Printer?
If you wish to connect your HP wireless printer to your Wi-Fi network, you must carefully follow the steps outlined below. The following method is effective, easy to implement and requires no help from any technician.
- Make sure your network and operating system are compatible to each other before you sign in.
- Go to the 123.hp.com/setup page to find your printer configuration, then search the ‘Printer Model Number’ button and click the ‘Install.’
- Now open the ‘Downloads’ folder and double-click the ‘Setup program for printers’ tab to open.
- Turn ‘On’ your ‘HP Wireless Printer’ and prepare the printer to connect to your operating system.
- To access the ‘Network’ section by following the on-screen instructions.
- Click on ‘Ok’ and ‘Next’ when the ‘Wireless Printer’ option prompts to your screen.
- Now click on ‘Yes, give my wireless settings to the printer’ and wait while your wireless printer connects to the OS.
- After receiving all of the relevant material. Press the ‘Finish’ button and print out the documents using the newly configured wireless printer.
Q. How to install an HP Wireless Via CD Media Printer?
An HP wireless printer’s deployment process into your operating system completes in just a few steps. Purchase an HP printer CD from the official HP India retail shop to continue with the steps, and follow the following lists.
- Take the CD out of the pack and insert it into your disk drive
Note: Make sure the CD doesn’t have scratches.
- The operating system notifies you of the inserted CD and clicks on the alert
- Press the Start button, then go to the ‘Computers’ tab.
- Double click the ‘CD Play’ button, and open it.
- Hit the ‘Run’ button after reading, and agree to the ‘Terms and Conditions’
- Follow the instructions on-screen if any, and complete the installation process
Now, any document can be scanned and printed using your new HP printer.
Q. Why Do I Recognize My HP Wireless Printer in My Mac?
If you want the latest HP wireless printer to be accepted by your Mac computer, read the below and execute these one by one.
- Turn the HP wireless printer to ‘On’ and complete the setup procedure to connect the computer to the Internet. Select the name of the Wi-Fi network, and enter the connecting WPS credentials.
- Click the ‘Menu’ button on your Macbook to open and pick the ‘Software Update’ window. This is for cross-checking if your printer has any new updates available.
- Go back to the menu, and select the option ‘System Preferences.’
- Now open the ‘Hardware’ section, and click the ‘Print and Scan’ option.
- Click on the ‘+’ button to select the ‘Nearby Printer’ option.
- Click on the ‘Start’ tab to pick the ‘Name’ of your printer.
- Click on the ‘IP’ tab in case your HP wireless printer name is not found.
- Enter the printer’s correct IP address, and press the ‘Add’ button.
Q. Where to reinstall Wireless Printer for HP?
If you wish to Uninstall and reinstall your HP printer software from your computer, follow the instructions:
- Begin the Windows OS, and select ‘Devices and Printers’
- When you’ve opened the ‘Computer and Printer’ tab, look for the ‘Name’ of your printer installed
- Right-click the HP wireless printer app, and pick ‘Delete or Replace’ from the options provided.
- Press both ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys to ‘Start’ button
- Now type ‘printui.exe/s’ in the search bar and press ‘Ok’ button
- Open the ‘HP Printer Driver’ button and click ‘Remove’ option when it is detected
- Remove all other HP Printer Software instances
- Reboot operating system, until all tabs are closed
- Download and install your HP wireless printer after a while via 123.hp.com/setup page
Once you apply all of the above steps you can immediately uninstall and reinstall the HP wireless software.
Any more questions left? Drop them into our section on comments, and get immediate answers.
We are hoping you have been supported by this comprehensive and insightful guide. Contact our customer support in case you could not follow any of the above procedures and seek some help.