123.hp.com/oj6500 – Hardware and Software setup of HP Officejet 6500
The HP Officejet 6500 printer is wireless and has the capabilities to print and scan. Air print processing is also included in the underside of the printer. Color printing is excellent at low cost but, compared to photo printing, the monochrome printing document is slightly expensive. The printer has automatic paper feeder and has Wi-Fi built-in. On the downside there is no Ethernet for wired networks on the HP Officejet 6500 printer 123.hp.com/oj6500 and the manual page turning for double side printing.
123.hp.com/oj6500 – Hardware Setup
- Get the box and open it carefully separate the guide books and the CD for installing software that would be used later in the setup process.
- Two ink cartridges, power cord and telephone cord will be available for faxing process.
- To securely take the printer out of the printer box, tilt the printer box. Remove plastic cover around printer HP Officejet 6500.
- Replace all of the blue color tape and HP printer packaging materials. Turn around the printer and raise the look like structure of the access screen, which will serve as the paper feeder.
- Open the front entrance door by removing the blue tape and take out cardboard pieces outside, then lock the door as it is. Carefully search for any bits left to avoid potential paper jams.
- Then open the printer top it is to find the automatic document feeder and remove the blue tape within the feeder. For additional hardware-related information, search 123.hp.com/oj6500.
- After this the power cord is attached to the printer and turned ON. So in the printer setup setup set the language, date and time, and click done.
HP Officejet 6500 Software Setup
- Once the date and time has been set, the printer prompts to replace the ink cartridges. Open the two cartridge cover and open the printer’s front access door where the ink control area snap into the correct ink cartridges is located.
- If the ink cartridges are mounted successfully the message of success of the ink cartridge is shown. Load paper into the tray for printing.
- Then pull the gray tab in the printer’s bottom where the printed paper falls out without dropping on to the table.
- Initially prints the alignment page which is scanned for better printing. Check your printer name and model number in 123.hp.com/setup 6500 for wireless communication and mobile printing, and download the printer software and drivers.
Manuals and Reference Guide to Download HP Drivers and Software
HP OfficeJet 6500 Driver Download for Windows
- Switch on the printer initially and go to 123.hp.com/oj6500. In the menu bar, then pick Program and Drivers.
- And then pick Printer and type your name of printer along with the number of serves. Now only press Send.
- After checking the specifics of the operating system and driver you will press Install. Then open the downloaded .exe file.
- And double-click the downloaded file to open. To complete the driver installation process simply obey the installer’s on-screen instructions.
Download HP OfficeJet 6500 Driver for Mac
- Navigate initially to 123.hp.com/oj6500. Then click Drivers and Downloads on homepage.
- And choose a suitable Operating System. Choose the configuration you ‘d like to download engine.
- Click Open now, and then press Save. Next open the .dmg file downloaded to start the installation process.
- Three methods like Wireless Connection, Local Network Connection and via USB Connection system can be enabled.
123.hp.com/oj6500 Wireless configuration
- Start the HP Officejet 6500 printer, monitor, and router with power ON. The machine must share the same active network and the HP Officejet 6500 does.
- Now click the Wi-Fi button in the control panel of HP printers. Access the Network Setup Wizard shown on the control panel and add the name of your wireless network and password for the network
- Then press finish to attach your printer to the router. This will create a network-to-printer link.
- Next install the requisite 123.hp.com/setup 6500 program and drivers. The printer now is able to print directly from the computer.
- Next download the HP from the 123.hp.com/oj6500 client to your computer.
- Then open the download application and approve any agreement and settings, and start clicking.
- Now connect the MAC and the printer to the same local network and turn the printer ON. To reset the printer-related information wireless environment, visit 123.hp.com/setup 6500.
- Pick your printer and now test the wireless button in the HP easy start window, and both the printer power light are ON. If not, the Program is not supported by the printer.
- When met with any problems connecting the printer to the machine update the hp.com/oj6500 program to the latest edition.
- Next select your network name in the name of the wireless network mentioned, and press Continue in the browser.
- Then allow mac to attach wirelessly to the printer in the consecutive window-click. Now the printer configures the network settings which are on MAC system automatically.
Steps to restore Configuration
- By following these steps in the Touch Screen Display Printer you can restore default wireless settings and setup mode.
- To restore the default settings, first touch the Settings button, Restore Network Defaults and press yes.
- Next press yes to confirm setting by default. Now the restored default wireless settings note the blue light near the wireless icon is starting to blink.
- It would take two hours to complete the restoration process and then return to normal setup mode.
HP Officejet 6500 eprint setup
- The ePrint software is a free application used to wirelessly print images and record the HP Officejet 6500 printer from an Android phone.
- First the printer must share the same active network and the computer must. Then install the windows ePrint application in the 123.hp.com/oj6500 computer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish setup.
- Then click on the printer ‘s wireless icon to connect the printer and the computer. Now the document and photos are printed from the computer.
Pictures, documents, web content and email attachments can be printed on the ePrint application. Print the documents by selecting icon for the document in the folder. Pick the symbol, and find the printed text.
- Preview the printable document, and click the Print button. Receive printed matter from the printer.
- To print photos, select the photo icon on the main page and select single or multiple images that needed to be printed from the 123.hp.com/oj6500 printer connected to the HP web.
- Similarly, the web content can be printed by clicking on the web icon on the main page and entering the web address that needs to be printed.
- Finally, the email attachments can also be printed using the ePrint application to form the mobile device. Open the mail application and press the document that includes the attachment you want to print.
- You can see the application list to open the attachment when selecting the attachment.
- After previewing the ePrint software, press Print and receive the print from the printer 123.hp.com/oj6500.
HP Officejet 6500 printer Troubleshooting
HP Officejet 6500 fixing paper picks up problem
- The HP printer will show a message “Out of Paper” in the control panel. Check the paper in the paper tray initially if there is no paper place, and close the tray.
- Next case, even though paper appears in the “Out of Paper” message input tray window.
- Since the poor paper quality and the incorrect alignment of the paper stack that cause the printer not to pick up the paper.
- Clear all the paper from the feeder now and search for bend, broken and paper of different size. Test the inside of the input tray by raising the input mask, using a flash light.
- If any obstacle is found remove them and properly feed paper into the paper feeder by gently adjusting the paper guide. If the problem prevails then follow the next step, such as cleaning the paper pick rollers. Use cotton swab and purified water for that. Cut any cords and wires from printer.
- Now raise the inside of the input tray, the gray roller is the paper picker to clean it in water with cotton swab to clear any accumulated debris and let it dry for ten minutes.
- Load paper again and attempt to print if the “Out of Paper” message pops up looking for any solution in 123.hp.com/oj6500 or calling the service provider.
https://123-hpsetup.net is an independent service provider that offers some helpful information for HP Printers. The copyright information is solely ensured for just data reference. We don’t pursue any certifications regarding this. The use of trademarks and names is only for reference purposes.